Modelcollect E-75 zug – Project ’46 wip3 Motorpool hull conversion

Me day …..

While waiting for some bits to dry on the Perry AT Portee I decided to waste a day on myself and do a little work on my “so long ago it feels like it was abandoned” E-75 project.

I’d always been a little unhappy with the details on the engine decks, in fact it’s pretty mediocre, and had chased down some Motorpool replacements. The “conversion” kit is designed as a direct drop in replacement for the Modelcollect hull and comes with; a full replacement resin hull which features an improved rear deck (with corrected hatch locks and latches, sharper and better moulded vents screens, corrected fan covers), much improved armour mortice joints, optional ball mg mount, notek ight, drivers periscope rain cover, commanders mg mount and mg, IR scope, open driver and radio operators hatches, IR battery box and flame dampening exhausts.

So the main issue was to wrestle the Modelcollect upper hull off the chassis as I’d glued it down and with my usual generous quantity of cement. After many tense minutes of cutting and prising I managed to separate it without slipping and removing a finger in the process or damaging the already assembled running gear. The replacement upper hull was pretty much a neat fit and required no massaging, glueing straight in place.

All in all it looks very sharp, is a big improvement and I can’t wait to splash some paint on …..

Q

mc-mp-e-75-88l100-042-2-1020

Advertisements

9 comments on “Modelcollect E-75 zug – Project ’46 wip3 Motorpool hull conversion

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s